BEcome a Member
BEcome a Member
At Grace Point Church we are privileged to learn about Jesus together, worship Him together, and serve Him together. As God’s children, it is our desire to interact and share our lives with one another. Guests are always welcome at Grace Point. However, it is hoped that after a season of getting to know us, guests will become part of the family. For those interested in joining our membership, we offer the following process as your opportunity to learn more about us and our opportunity to get to know more about you.
HOW MEMBERSHIP WORKS AT GRACE POINT
The Elders, satisfied with your testimony, will recommend you to the church for membership.
The church will vote on this recommendation.
Six Reasons to Join a church
2. Membership says, “We share the same ministry goals,” and God says that believers are to be committed to one another for the sake of spiritual impact (Eph. 4:16). You believe that Jesus has work to do in Vestal, the Southern Tier, the country, the world, and you’re willing to join with others to see that it gets done.
3. Membership says, “I accept responsibility for a group of fellow believers in the family of God,” and that’s God’s plan as well (Gal. 6:1,2,10) You want to be part of a caring network of people, sharing one another’s joys and sorrows, and helping one another grow through worship, Bible study, and fellowship.
4. Membership says, “I am accountable to mature brothers and sisters in Christ for my walk with God,” and God warns against spiritual autonomy (Heb. 13:17; Matt. 18:15-20). You don’t want to go it alone in standing for Jesus Christ, and want to receive the guidance, equipping, and assistance necessary to remain on target.
5. Membership says, “I accept responsibility for how things are done here,” and God says that’s how it should be (1 Cor. 12:20-27). Members elect elders, deacons, and other church officers, approve an annual ministry budget, as well as call pastors to serve as our spiritual leaders. Every member has a say in shaping our church’s direction and ministry goals.
6. Membership keeps us legal (1 Tim. 3:2; 1 Peter 2:13-17). The State of New York recognizes churches if they have a credible membership and organization. Obedience to these laws affirms that we are responsible citizens with a desire to serve.